Farhan Akhtar to play Milkha Singh?
The biopic, 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' will be directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra.
Mumbai: Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar is considering playing legendary sportsman Milkha Singh in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's upcoming film 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag'.
The film will trace Milkha's life, from the childhood in today's Pakistan, the partition, and his achievements as an athlete in free India.
For the first time in his career, Farhan is contemplating being a part of a film outside his own production house Excel Entertainment, Bollywood sources said.
Farhan made his writing and directorial debut with the 2001 cult hit, 'Dil Chahta Hai', produced by Excel Entertainment, the production company he established along with Ritesh Sidwani. In 2008, he made his acting debut with 'Rock On'.
Earlier, there were reports of actor Akshay Kumar having been finalised for Milkha Singh's role, but director Mehra said that the cast was yet to be decided.
The film will go on the floors next year.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right