DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Farhan Akhtar to play Milkha Singh?
The biopic, 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' will be directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra.
Mumbai: Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar is considering playing legendary sportsman Milkha Singh in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's upcoming film 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag'.
The film will trace Milkha's life, from the childhood in today's Pakistan, the partition, and his achievements as an athlete in free India.
For the first time in his career, Farhan is contemplating being a part of a film outside his own production house Excel Entertainment, Bollywood sources said.
Farhan made his writing and directorial debut with the 2001 cult hit, 'Dil Chahta Hai', produced by Excel Entertainment, the production company he established along with Ritesh Sidwani. In 2008, he made his acting debut with 'Rock On'.
Earlier, there were reports of actor Akshay Kumar having been finalised for Milkha Singh's role, but director Mehra said that the cast was yet to be decided.
The film will go on the floors next year.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet