DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Farmers' stir: Rajnath Singh ends fast
The ex UP chief minister sat on a fast against the lawlessness and forceful acquisition of farmers land.
Ghaziabad: Former Bharatiya Janata Party president Rajnath Singh on Friday afternoon ended his 24-hour fast here in support of a farmers' agitation for higher compensation for their land, a party official said.
He was offered a glass of juice by Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and National Democratic Alliance (NDA) chairman Sharad Yadav at a government guest house in Vasundhara township here.
Earlier, the former Uttar Pradesh chief minister sat on a fast in Ambedkar Park to protest against the "lawlessness and forceful acquisition of farmers land" by the Mayawati government in Gautam Budh Nagar and other areas for a highway project.
Recommended For You
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Rabada Demolishes Hosts for 153
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan