Farmers' stir: Rajnath Singh ends fast
The ex UP chief minister sat on a fast against the lawlessness and forceful acquisition of farmers land.
Ghaziabad: Former Bharatiya Janata Party president Rajnath Singh on Friday afternoon ended his 24-hour fast here in support of a farmers' agitation for higher compensation for their land, a party official said.
He was offered a glass of juice by Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and National Democratic Alliance (NDA) chairman Sharad Yadav at a government guest house in Vasundhara township here.
Earlier, the former Uttar Pradesh chief minister sat on a fast in Ambedkar Park to protest against the "lawlessness and forceful acquisition of farmers land" by the Mayawati government in Gautam Budh Nagar and other areas for a highway project.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy