'Fast and Furious 6' knocks off 'Ishkq In Paris' at the box office
'Fast and Furious 6' collects Rs 21.55 crore in the opening weekend. While 'Ishkq In Paris' minted Rs 1.25 crore.
New Delhi: This weekend saw Preity Zinta's much awaited film 'Ishkq In Paris' hit the screens. But it seems over the years, her fan base seem to have dissolved. Despite being no other Bollywood release, the film was unable to lure people to the theaters. The film only managed to collect Rs 1.25 crore in its opening weekend.
Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, "#IshkqInParis collected approx Rs 1.25 cr to Rs 1.35 cr in its opening weekend."
However, it was easy for Vin Diesel to beat the actress in her own country. 'Fast and Furious 6' did fantastic business at the box office and minted almost Rs 21.55 crore in the opening weekend.
"'Fast & Furious 6' Thu previews 1.85 cr, Fri 6.02 cr, Sat 6.63 cr, Sun 7.05 cr. Total: 21.55 cr on 1200 screens. Fantabulous!" added Adarsh.
While not many Hollywood films have been able to create similar magic on the ticket window especially when a Bollywood film releases along. But the popular franchise was able to draw more audiences to the theatre than the Bollywood romantic story.
Adarsh earlier tweeted, "'Fast & Furious 6' takes a flying start... Thu previews 1.85 cr, Fri *est* 6 cr. Fantastic!"
Directed by Justin Lin, 'Fast and Furious 6' stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson and Michelle Rodriguez.
- Gold prices soar by Rs 840 in biggest single-day gain in 2014
- Gold tumbles on reduced offtake, weak global cues
- Gold snaps 5-day losing streak, gains Rs 300 on global cues
- Gold prices plunge by Rs 1,150; hit 23-month low in Delhi
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- At paltry Rs 150 crore, gold bonds scheme fails to glitter
- Did you tweet with #HappDiwali? Find yourself in Twitter's after-Diwali diya mosaic