DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Fast and Furious 6' knocks off 'Ishkq In Paris' at the box office
'Fast and Furious 6' collects Rs 21.55 crore in the opening weekend. While 'Ishkq In Paris' minted Rs 1.25 crore.
New Delhi: This weekend saw Preity Zinta's much awaited film 'Ishkq In Paris' hit the screens. But it seems over the years, her fan base seem to have dissolved. Despite being no other Bollywood release, the film was unable to lure people to the theaters. The film only managed to collect Rs 1.25 crore in its opening weekend.
Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, "#IshkqInParis collected approx Rs 1.25 cr to Rs 1.35 cr in its opening weekend."
However, it was easy for Vin Diesel to beat the actress in her own country. 'Fast and Furious 6' did fantastic business at the box office and minted almost Rs 21.55 crore in the opening weekend.
"'Fast & Furious 6' Thu previews 1.85 cr, Fri 6.02 cr, Sat 6.63 cr, Sun 7.05 cr. Total: 21.55 cr on 1200 screens. Fantabulous!" added Adarsh.
While not many Hollywood films have been able to create similar magic on the ticket window especially when a Bollywood film releases along. But the popular franchise was able to draw more audiences to the theatre than the Bollywood romantic story.
Adarsh earlier tweeted, "'Fast & Furious 6' takes a flying start... Thu previews 1.85 cr, Fri *est* 6 cr. Fantastic!"
Directed by Justin Lin, 'Fast and Furious 6' stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson and Michelle Rodriguez.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong