Father arrested for allowing his minor son to drive Ferrari
Mohammed Nisham had been booked by police after the YouTube video of his son's feat went viral, causing widespread outrage.
Thrissur: The father of a nine year-old boy, who drove a Ferrari F430 recently with his five-year-brother along side, causing widespread outrage, was arrested on Monday and released on bail.
Police sources said Mohammed Nisham was arrested by Peramangalam police here, which is investigating the case. He came with the vehicle and was arrested. Since it was a bailable offence, he was granted bail on furnishing two surities of Rs 5000 each, the officer investigating the case told reporters.
The Ferrari was seized by police and returned to the owner with the direction to produce it in court whenever ordered. Mohammed Nisham had been booked by police under section 23 of the Juvenile Justice Act for encouraging underage driving and Motor Vehicles Act for allowing an unlicensed child drive the vehicle after the YouTube video of his son's feat went viral, causing widespread outrage.
Police had summoned Nisham two days ago to explain about allowing his minor son drive the heavy-powered Italian Ferrari.
According to police, the boy drove the vehicle on a private road. Hisham had told police it was his son's birthday and the child wanted to drive the car and permission was granted as he knew there would be no accident.
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Glad Tutak Tutak Tutiya Being Compared With Bhool Bhulaiyaa: Prabhu Deva
- Prabhu Deva is the Sweetest Person in the Industry: Farah Khan