Father arrested for rape and murder of minor daughter
Police said some brick kiln workers recovered the victim's highly decomposed body while emptying rice husk.
Thane: Police on Sunday arrested a 42-year-old father for allegedly raping his 15-year-old daughter and killing her in Tembivili village of the district. The accused, Kashinath Varku Hatal has been booked under sections 376, 302 and 201 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), Bhiwandi division Police Inspector KR Khairnar said.
According to the police, Hatal was staying with his minor daughter, his second wife and her daughter in the village. On Friday when Hatal's second wife and daughter were going to attend a village fair, they asked the victim to accompany them, but the accused father stopped the minor girl on the pretext of taking her to the fair later on. When the victim's stepmother returned home with her daughter, they found the accused still at home and gave evasive replies when asked about the minor girl's whereabouts, police said.
The police said some brick kiln workers recovered the victim's highly decomposed body while emptying rice husk on Sunday morning, and they then sent the body for postmortem. Further investigations are on, they said.
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away
- Cauvery Row: Release Water to Tamil Nadu, SC tells Karnataka
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan