FBI investigates needles in airplane sandwiches
Delta Airlines says what appear to be sewing needles were found in five sandwiches on Sunday.
Atlanta: The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is investigating after needles were found in turkey sandwiches on Delta Airlines flights from Amsterdam to the United States. Delta says what appear to be sewing needles were found in five sandwiches on Sunday. One passenger on a flight to Minneapolis was injured.
The other needles were on two flights to Atlanta and one to Seattle.
FBI Special Agent Stephen Emmett in Atlanta confirmed on Tuesday that the agency is investigating but declined to comment further.
The Transportation Security Administration says it's closely monitoring the situation. The agency said it immediately notified US carriers with flights from Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport.
The sandwiches were made in the Amsterdam kitchen of catering company Gate Gourmet.
Recommended For You
- Lodha Committee Reforms Should Have Come 50 Years Ago: Bishan Singh Bedi
- West Bengal Tourism Ad Featuring SRK Is Winning the Internet With Its Sweetness
- Australian Open 2017: Paes-Hingis Ease Into Mixed Doubles Quarters
- Koffee With Karan: 10 Times Priyanka Proved She's Still a Desi Girl at Heart
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More