FBI investigates needles in airplane sandwiches
Delta Airlines says what appear to be sewing needles were found in five sandwiches on Sunday.
Atlanta: The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is investigating after needles were found in turkey sandwiches on Delta Airlines flights from Amsterdam to the United States. Delta says what appear to be sewing needles were found in five sandwiches on Sunday. One passenger on a flight to Minneapolis was injured.
The other needles were on two flights to Atlanta and one to Seattle.
FBI Special Agent Stephen Emmett in Atlanta confirmed on Tuesday that the agency is investigating but declined to comment further.
The Transportation Security Administration says it's closely monitoring the situation. The agency said it immediately notified US carriers with flights from Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport.
The sandwiches were made in the Amsterdam kitchen of catering company Gate Gourmet.
Recommended For You
- Ducati XDiavel S Review: The Rs 19 Lakh Motorcycle Made to Make You Smile
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- Sneaky Little Girl Steals Pope's Hat Right Off His Head Leaving Him in Splits
- Krushna's Reaction To Kapil-Sunil's Tiff is Unexpected
- Clarke Slams Australian Media for 'Tarnishing Kohli's Image'