FBI investigates needles in airplane sandwiches
Delta Airlines says what appear to be sewing needles were found in five sandwiches on Sunday.
Atlanta: The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is investigating after needles were found in turkey sandwiches on Delta Airlines flights from Amsterdam to the United States. Delta says what appear to be sewing needles were found in five sandwiches on Sunday. One passenger on a flight to Minneapolis was injured.
The other needles were on two flights to Atlanta and one to Seattle.
FBI Special Agent Stephen Emmett in Atlanta confirmed on Tuesday that the agency is investigating but declined to comment further.
The Transportation Security Administration says it's closely monitoring the situation. The agency said it immediately notified US carriers with flights from Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport.
The sandwiches were made in the Amsterdam kitchen of catering company Gate Gourmet.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1