FDI in retail meant to serve global supermarkets: Ramdev
Ramdev said people will have to boycott foreign products and go for indigenously manufactured goods to foil the Congress' "dangerous gameplan".
Dehradun: The move of inviting FDI in retail sector is designed to serve the interest of global supermarkets, yoga guru Ramdev on Friday alleged and appealed people to dislodge the UPA government in the upcoming General elections. "The move is designed to serve the interest of global supermarkets. If people want a government which works for their interest and not for that of the US, they will have to overthrow the Congress government at the Centre in 2014 Lok Sabha polls," Ramdev said addressing a meeting at Laksar near Haridwar on Thursday as part of the third phase of his ongoing Bharat Swabhiman Yatra.
Alleging that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had been reduced to being just a "remote" in the hands of Sonia Gandhi, he said "the country has for the first time seen a Prime Minister who cannot take his own decisions." Terming the decision on allowing FDI in retail as anti-national, he said people will have to boycott foreign products and go for indigenously manufactured goods to foil the Congress' "dangerous gameplan" of playing into the hands of global supermarket giants.
He said it was time to launch a decisive battle against corruption after 65 years of Independence and asked people to give a befitting reply to the Congress in the next general elections.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"