Federer beats Tunisian wild-card to move into 2nd round
Federer came from a set down to beat Malek Jaziri at the Dubai Championships, advancing to the second round with a 5-7, 6-0, 6-2 win.
Dubai: Roger Federer came from a set down to beat Tunisian wild-card entry Malek Jaziri Tuesday at the Dubai Championships, advancing to the second round with a 5-7, 6-0, 6-2 win.
The second-ranked Federer, looking for his sixth title in Dubai, said earlier he expected a "tricky" encounter in his first meeting with the 128th-ranked Jaziri. He was proven right in the first set, as the Tunisian broke Federer to go up 6-5 and closed it out with a backhand down the line.
But Federer dominated after that. He raced through the second set in 23 minutes and twice broke Malek in the decider.
Federer faces the winner of the match between Albert Montanes and Marcel Granollers.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC