Federer beats Tunisian wild-card to move into 2nd round
Federer came from a set down to beat Malek Jaziri at the Dubai Championships, advancing to the second round with a 5-7, 6-0, 6-2 win.
Dubai: Roger Federer came from a set down to beat Tunisian wild-card entry Malek Jaziri Tuesday at the Dubai Championships, advancing to the second round with a 5-7, 6-0, 6-2 win.
The second-ranked Federer, looking for his sixth title in Dubai, said earlier he expected a "tricky" encounter in his first meeting with the 128th-ranked Jaziri. He was proven right in the first set, as the Tunisian broke Federer to go up 6-5 and closed it out with a backhand down the line.
But Federer dominated after that. He raced through the second set in 23 minutes and twice broke Malek in the decider.
Federer faces the winner of the match between Albert Montanes and Marcel Granollers.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw