Federer beats Tunisian wild-card to move into 2nd round
Federer came from a set down to beat Malek Jaziri at the Dubai Championships, advancing to the second round with a 5-7, 6-0, 6-2 win.
Dubai: Roger Federer came from a set down to beat Tunisian wild-card entry Malek Jaziri Tuesday at the Dubai Championships, advancing to the second round with a 5-7, 6-0, 6-2 win.
The second-ranked Federer, looking for his sixth title in Dubai, said earlier he expected a "tricky" encounter in his first meeting with the 128th-ranked Jaziri. He was proven right in the first set, as the Tunisian broke Federer to go up 6-5 and closed it out with a backhand down the line.
But Federer dominated after that. He raced through the second set in 23 minutes and twice broke Malek in the decider.
Federer faces the winner of the match between Albert Montanes and Marcel Granollers.
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Akhilesh Fantastic CM but Needs Time to Be Mass Leader: Amar Singh
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- News360: Can Patriarch MSY Solve Chacha-Bhatija Spat?