Federer brushes aside Raonic to enter quarter-finals
Roger Federer overcame big-serving Milos Raonic 6-4, 7-6 (4), 6-2 in the fourth round of the Australian Open.
Melbourne: Roger Federer overcame big-serving Canadian Milos Raonic 6-4, 7-6 (4), 6-2 in the fourth round of the Australian Open on Monday night to reach the quarterfinals at a 35th consecutive Grand Slam tournament.
Federer has won four of his 17 major titles at Melbourne Park, where he has reached the semifinals or better every year since first winning the Australian Open in 2004.
The last time Federer failed to reach the last eight at a major was at the 2004 French Open, where he lost in the third round to Gustavo Kuerten. He next plays No. 7 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, a finalist here in 2008.
The 22-year-old Raonic, seeded 13th, missed another chance to be the first Canadian man into a Grand Slam quarterfinal in the Open era.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song