DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Federer fined for outburst on chair umpire
He had an argument on the sidelines with the chair umpire.
New York: Tennis champion Roger Federer has been handed a $1,500 fine by the United States Tennis Association for his outburst on the chair umpire during the recently concluded US Open final.
It wasn't just the match that Federer lost to Juan Martin Del Potro in five sets but also his temper.
At a point in the match when the third set was tied at 4-4, Del Potro hit a forehand that was called out.
When Del Potro later asked for a hawkeye decision on it, Federer protested saying it was too late for him to ask for one and that is what led to his argument on the sidelines with the chair umpire and has earned him a fine.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi