Federer fined for outburst on chair umpire
He had an argument on the sidelines with the chair umpire.
New York: Tennis champion Roger Federer has been handed a $1,500 fine by the United States Tennis Association for his outburst on the chair umpire during the recently concluded US Open final.
It wasn't just the match that Federer lost to Juan Martin Del Potro in five sets but also his temper.
At a point in the match when the third set was tied at 4-4, Del Potro hit a forehand that was called out.
When Del Potro later asked for a hawkeye decision on it, Federer protested saying it was too late for him to ask for one and that is what led to his argument on the sidelines with the chair umpire and has earned him a fine.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology