Roddick, Federer face off in semis
Roger Federer has made it to the semi-finals of the Australian Open beating Tommy Robredo in straight sets.
New Delhi: Roger Federer has made it to the semi-finals of the Australian Open beating Tommy Robredo in straight sets on Tuesday.
The top seed had no trouble against his opponent from Spain, looking well in control of the match from the start. And being watched by his family for the first time obviously put no pressure on the Swiss. Federer defeated Robredo 6-3, 7-6, 7-5 to reach his 11th consecutive Grand Slam semi-final.
In another quarterfinal encounter, American Mardy Fish was unable to offer any competition to compatriot Andy Roddick.
Sixth-seeded Roddick dominated the match from start, giving away away just six games in the match to beat his off-court friend in straight sets 6-2, 6-2, 6-2.
Roddick, appearing in his sixth Australian Open has made it to his third semi-final and faces Roger Federer in the semi-finals.
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World