Roddick, Federer face off in semis
Roger Federer has made it to the semi-finals of the Australian Open beating Tommy Robredo in straight sets.
New Delhi: Roger Federer has made it to the semi-finals of the Australian Open beating Tommy Robredo in straight sets on Tuesday.
The top seed had no trouble against his opponent from Spain, looking well in control of the match from the start. And being watched by his family for the first time obviously put no pressure on the Swiss. Federer defeated Robredo 6-3, 7-6, 7-5 to reach his 11th consecutive Grand Slam semi-final.
In another quarterfinal encounter, American Mardy Fish was unable to offer any competition to compatriot Andy Roddick.
Sixth-seeded Roddick dominated the match from start, giving away away just six games in the match to beat his off-court friend in straight sets 6-2, 6-2, 6-2.
Roddick, appearing in his sixth Australian Open has made it to his third semi-final and faces Roger Federer in the semi-finals.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House