Federer-Roddick exhibition in New York on March 5
Federer and Roddick will play a best-of-three-sets match as part of the annual BNP Paribas Showdown exhibition.
New York: Roger Federer and Andy Roddick have met 22 times overall and in four Grand Slam finals, including a 16-14 fifth set at Wimbledon in 2009. Now they're taking their rivalry to a new venue: Madison Square Garden.
Federer and Roddick will play a best-of-three-sets match as part of the annual BNP Paribas Showdown exhibition on March 5, which also will include Maria Sharapova against top-ranked Caroline Wozniacki.
Federer owns a record 16 Grand Slam titles, and he's 20-2 against Roddick, including 4-0 in Major finals.
Federer faced Pete Sampras in an exhibition at MSG in 2008; Roddick never has played at the arena used for New York Knicks and New York Rangers games.
Tickets go on sale October 3.
Recommended For You
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology