DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Federer storms into 3rd round of Wimbledon
Roger Federer put on quite a display in front of Prince Charles, sweeping aside Fabio Fognini 6-1, 6-3, 6-2.
Wimbledon: Roger Federer put on quite a display in front of Prince Charles, sweeping aside Fabio Fognini 6-1, 6-3, 6-2 in the second round of Wimbledon on Wednesday.
Federer and his Italian opponent bowed to Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, in the Royal Box before their match, and the Swiss six-time champion then showed them the type of tennis that helped him rule on Centre Court for so many years.
Hitting winners with clinical accuracy, Federer dictated play from the start and never faced a break point. He broke the Italian five times and wrapped up the victory in 1 hour, 13 minutes.
Federer said it was "a great feeling" to play in front of the royals.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi