Fee Hike: 18 Ghaziabad Schools Get Show-cause Notice
Representative Image/PTI Photo
Ghaziabad: The Ghaziabad district administration has served show-cause notices to 18 schools in the city and sought an explanation to the hike in fee.
The committee looking into the matter issued the notices two days ago following a meeting called by ADM Finance Rajesh Yadav, which was attended by representatives of the schools and several parents' associations.
The committee has also asked the schools to explain why they were levying the annual charges, officials said.
If their replies are not found justified, annual charges will be waived. Permission of taking annual charges from parents are not mentioned in the NOC of the district administration or CBSE, Kesarwani said.
Following protest by parents under the banner of Bhartiya Kisan Sangh, SDM (Loni) Prem Singh Ranjan had issued a notice under section 133 (conditional order for removal of nuisance) of the CrPC to Salwan Public School on Thursday.
The SDM warned the management to decrease the escalated fee within a week or face legal action.
On April 13, scores of infuriated parents staged a protest against 25 per cent hike in fee of private schools.
They handed over a memorandum addressed to the district magistrate to take action against the owners of private schools.
The protest was led by Shiksha Bachao Abhiyan Samiti (SBAS) and All Schools Parents Association (ASPA).
Recommended For You
- Stand Up Comedian Accuses The Kapil Sharma Show of Plagiarising His Joke
- LG G6 Launched in India for Rs 51,990: All You Need to Know
- Harbhajan Singh Becomes Third Indian To Take 200 Wickets In T20 Cricket
- Sonakshi Sinha, Armaan Malik Engage in War of Words Over Actors Taking Over Singers' Domain
- IPL 2017: This is Why Kohli Was Furious After Getting Dismissed