DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ferrari to launch 2012 car before first test
Under new rules, cars can take part in testing only once they have passed mandatory FIA crash tests.
London: Ferrari will launch their 2012 Formula One car in time for the first pre-season test in February, a team spokesman said on Thursday.
No date was fixed but the first test is scheduled for Spain's Jerez circuit on February 7-9. Rivals Mercedes have already said they will not have their new car on track until the second test in Barcelona on February 21 to give themselves as much time as possible for design and development.
Under new rules this year, cars can take part in testing only once they have passed mandatory FIA (International Automobile Federation) crash tests. That means teams have to decide between maximising development in the factory and missing out on track time, or getting in more testing but signing off earlier on the design process.
Ferrari won only one race this year, with Fernando Alonso in Britain, and finished third overall.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan