Ferrari's Alonso fastest in final practice at Bahrain
Alonso recovered from a spin to post the fastest lap in the third and final Formula One practice session for the Bahrain Grand Prix.
Sakhir: Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso recovered from a spin on Saturday to post the fastest lap in the third and final Formula One practice session for the Bahrain Grand Prix.
Looking for his second consecutive victory after ending a 12-race drought in China last weekend, Alonso completed a lap in 1:33.247 to finish 0.101 head of three-time defending F1 champion Sebastian Vettel.
Red Bull team-mate Mark Webber was third fastest, with Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen finishing fourth. Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton was fifth but his session came to an end when he damaged his left back tire.
A different driver has topped the three sessions, suggesting a wide open race on Sunday that has been overshadowed by anti-government protesters who are demanding a greater say in the divided Gulf nation.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models