DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ferrari's Alonso fastest in final practice at Bahrain
Alonso recovered from a spin to post the fastest lap in the third and final Formula One practice session for the Bahrain Grand Prix.
Sakhir: Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso recovered from a spin on Saturday to post the fastest lap in the third and final Formula One practice session for the Bahrain Grand Prix.
Looking for his second consecutive victory after ending a 12-race drought in China last weekend, Alonso completed a lap in 1:33.247 to finish 0.101 head of three-time defending F1 champion Sebastian Vettel.
Red Bull team-mate Mark Webber was third fastest, with Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen finishing fourth. Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton was fifth but his session came to an end when he damaged his left back tire.
A different driver has topped the three sessions, suggesting a wide open race on Sunday that has been overshadowed by anti-government protesters who are demanding a greater say in the divided Gulf nation.
Recommended For You
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere