Ferrer advances to Australian Open 2nd round
Fourth-seeded Ferrer defeated Olivier Rochus of Belgium 6-3, 6-4, 6-2 in the first round.
Melbourne: Fourth-seeded David Ferrer defeated Olivier Rochus of Belgium 6-3, 6-4, 6-2 in the first round of the Australian Open on Monday.
The 30-year-old Spaniard hit 30 winners and had a first-serve percentage of 71 percent. He also benefited from Rochus' 29 unforced errors.
Fresh from winning the title in Auckland last week, Ferrer has the No. 4 seeding in Melbourne because fellow Spaniard Rafael Nadal opted not to play in the Australian Open due to illness and injury.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System