Ferrer advances to Australian Open 2nd round
Fourth-seeded Ferrer defeated Olivier Rochus of Belgium 6-3, 6-4, 6-2 in the first round.
Melbourne: Fourth-seeded David Ferrer defeated Olivier Rochus of Belgium 6-3, 6-4, 6-2 in the first round of the Australian Open on Monday.
The 30-year-old Spaniard hit 30 winners and had a first-serve percentage of 71 percent. He also benefited from Rochus' 29 unforced errors.
Fresh from winning the title in Auckland last week, Ferrer has the No. 4 seeding in Melbourne because fellow Spaniard Rafael Nadal opted not to play in the Australian Open due to illness and injury.
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18