Ferrer advances to Australian Open quarterfinals
David Ferrer advanced to the Australian Open quarterfinals with a 6-2, 6-1, 6-4 win over Kei Nishikori of Japan.
Melbourne: Fourth-seeded David Ferrer advanced to the Australian Open quarterfinals with a 6-2, 6-1, 6-4 win Sunday over an error-prone Kei Nishikori of Japan.
Ferrer will play the winner of the later Sunday match fellow Spaniard Nicholas Almagro and No. 8 Janko Tipsarevic of Serbia.
Nishikori made 65 unforced errors in the match, while Ferrer made just 24. Ferrer is playing in his 41st consecutive Grand Slam tournament - he hasn't missed a major since competing in his first at the 2003 Australian Open.
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA