Ferrer advances to Australian Open quarterfinals
David Ferrer advanced to the Australian Open quarterfinals with a 6-2, 6-1, 6-4 win over Kei Nishikori of Japan.
Melbourne: Fourth-seeded David Ferrer advanced to the Australian Open quarterfinals with a 6-2, 6-1, 6-4 win Sunday over an error-prone Kei Nishikori of Japan.
Ferrer will play the winner of the later Sunday match fellow Spaniard Nicholas Almagro and No. 8 Janko Tipsarevic of Serbia.
Nishikori made 65 unforced errors in the match, while Ferrer made just 24. Ferrer is playing in his 41st consecutive Grand Slam tournament - he hasn't missed a major since competing in his first at the 2003 Australian Open.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone