Ferrer beats Roger-Vasselin in Portugal Open
David Ferrer outlasted France's Edouard Roger-Vasselin for a 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 win in the second round.
Lisbon: Top-seeded David Ferrer outlasted France's Edouard Roger-Vasselin for a 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 win in the second round of the Portugal Open on Wednesday.
The fourth-ranked Ferrer, who had been given a bye in the first round, edged his unseeded opponent by four breaks to three to finish the match in 1 hour, 49 minutes.
Ferrer will next play Victor Hanescu after the Romanian defeated sixth-seeded Benoit Paire 7-6 (2), 6-4.
In the second round of the women's event, fourth-seeded Carla Suarez defeated Yanina Wickmeyer 6-4, 6-3, while Elena Vesnina beat Monica Niculescu 6-4, 6-4. Kaia Kanepi, Svetlana Kuznetsova, and Romina Oprandi also won their matches.
Recommended For You
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology