Ferrer stuns Djokovic at ATP World Tour
David Ferrer beat Novak Djokovic 6-3, 6-1 to book a spot in the semi-finals of the ATP Finals.
London: David Ferrer's relentless hitting proved too much for Novak Djokovic on Wednesday, giving the Spaniard a 6-3, 6-1 victory and a spot in the semifinals of the ATP World Tour Finals.
Djokovic lost for only the fifth time in a season in which he has won three Grand Slam championships and 10 titles overall. He can still advance to the semifinals of this season-ending tournament if he beats fellow Serb Janko Tipsarevic on Friday.
The top-ranked Djokovic made 33 unforced errors, three times as many as Ferrer. From 3-2 in the first set, Djokovic lost seven straight games.
Tomas Berdych earlier saved a match point en route to a 2-6, 6-3, 7-6 (6) victory over Tipsarevic to maintain his hopes of reaching the last four.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right