Ferrer, Wawrinka, Seppi enter Portugal semi-finals
David Ferrer led the top three seeded players into the semi-finals by beating Victor Hanescu of Romania 6-4, 7-6 (2).
Oeiras, Portugal: David Ferrer led the top three seeded players into the Portugal Open semi-finals on Friday, beating Victor Hanescu of Romania 6-4, 7-6 (2).
Second-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka knocked out local favourite Gastao Elias 6-4, 6-4, and No. 3 Andreas Seppi beat No. 8 Tommy Robredo 6-4, 6-3. Pablo Carreno-Busta rallied past fourth-seeded Fabio Fognini 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 to complete the final four.
In the women's event, third-seeded Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and No. 4 Carla Suarez Navarro will meet in the final on Saturday.
Pavlyuchenkova recovered to beat Romina Oprandi 0-6, 6-3, 6-1 to reach her first title match on clay. Navarro, last year's finalist, overcame Kaia Kanepi 6-4, 6-1.
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Shapoorji Pallonji to Move Company Law Board Against Tatas