Ferrer, Wawrinka, Seppi enter Portugal semi-finals
David Ferrer led the top three seeded players into the semi-finals by beating Victor Hanescu of Romania 6-4, 7-6 (2).
Oeiras, Portugal: David Ferrer led the top three seeded players into the Portugal Open semi-finals on Friday, beating Victor Hanescu of Romania 6-4, 7-6 (2).
Second-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka knocked out local favourite Gastao Elias 6-4, 6-4, and No. 3 Andreas Seppi beat No. 8 Tommy Robredo 6-4, 6-3. Pablo Carreno-Busta rallied past fourth-seeded Fabio Fognini 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 to complete the final four.
In the women's event, third-seeded Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and No. 4 Carla Suarez Navarro will meet in the final on Saturday.
Pavlyuchenkova recovered to beat Romina Oprandi 0-6, 6-3, 6-1 to reach her first title match on clay. Navarro, last year's finalist, overcame Kaia Kanepi 6-4, 6-1.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali And Other Winners So Far
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory