Filmmaker Yash Chopra admitted to hospital
The 80-year-old filmmaker had announced his retirement from film direction last month.
Mumbai: Veteran filmmaker Yash Chopra was admitted to Lilavati hospital in suburban Bandra here after being diagnosed with dengue, sources said today. "Mr Yash Chopra was admitted to hospital yesterday after being diagnosed with an attack of dengue. He has been kept under observation. He is feeling much better and should be home soon," a spokesperson of Yash Raj Films said in a statement here.
The 80-year-old filmmaker had announced his retirement from film direction last month. He is looking forward to the release of his latest directorial venture 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' that stars Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in the lead.
The film is set to hit the screens on November 13. Chopra has given several hits in his more than five decade old career like 'Deewar', 'Kabhie Kabhie', 'Trishul', 'Silsila', 'Chandni' and 'Veer Zaara'.
Recommended For You
- Yuvraj Singh And MS Dhoni Hit Centuries, Twitter Explodes With Praise
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic Stunned by Denis Istomin
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Officially Launched in India At a Starting Price of Rs 9,999
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment