Filmmaker Yash Chopra admitted to hospital
The 80-year-old filmmaker had announced his retirement from film direction last month.
Mumbai: Veteran filmmaker Yash Chopra was admitted to Lilavati hospital in suburban Bandra here after being diagnosed with dengue, sources said today. "Mr Yash Chopra was admitted to hospital yesterday after being diagnosed with an attack of dengue. He has been kept under observation. He is feeling much better and should be home soon," a spokesperson of Yash Raj Films said in a statement here.
The 80-year-old filmmaker had announced his retirement from film direction last month. He is looking forward to the release of his latest directorial venture 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' that stars Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in the lead.
The film is set to hit the screens on November 13. Chopra has given several hits in his more than five decade old career like 'Deewar', 'Kabhie Kabhie', 'Trishul', 'Silsila', 'Chandni' and 'Veer Zaara'.
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18