Final chargesheet in Pipili rape case filed
The victim a 19-year Dalit girl of Arjungoda village of Pipili in Puri district was allegedly raped in 2011.
Cuttack: The crime branch police of Odisha on Saturday filed the fourth and final charge sheet in the Pipili rape and murder case. Investigating police officer Ramesh Chandra Sethy filed the final report before the Pipili court in which the attempt to murder charge earlier against key accused Prashant Pradhan was modified to murder charge.
"We converted the section 307 levelled against the key accused to section 302 of IPC after the victim died during treatment in SCB medical college and hospital of Cuttack on June 21 this year," Sethy said.
The post mortem report of the victim was also attached with the final report.
He was also charged under section 341 (wrongful restraint), 354 (assault to outrage the modesty of a woman), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (common intention).
The victim a 19-year Dalit girl of Arjungoda village of Pipili in Puri district was allegedly raped and an attempt was made on her life on November 29, 2011. After battling for her life for over six months in coma the victim died.
The investigating police officers had expressed inability to substantiate the allegation of rape since the victim had been in coma since she was found in an unconscious state and her statement could not be recorded.
Besides the key accused, the crime branch police had also submitted charge sheets against three other accused, a police officer and three doctors in the case.
While only the four accused have been arrested, the police have not arrested the police officer and three doctors, who are booked under charges of SC and ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
Prashant's younger brother Sukanta and two of their associates were also arrested in January this year.
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan