Finishing the race the best result for us: Narain
Karthikeyan was warned on the Team Radio to "cool off, cool off".
Greater Noida: Narain Karthikeyan, India's only Formula One driver, on Sunday said that finishing the race was the maximum result he could have got in his home Grand Prix as he had to slow down his car due to overheating of the brakes. Right from the start, Karthikeyan was warned on the Team Radio to "cool off, cool off". His team-mate Pedro de la Rosa had to retire after the brakes of his car failed.
"I had to slow down because we had the brake issues. This is the maximum we could have got out of this race and I am happy to finish the race," Karthikeyan told PTI. "I had to slow down, cut the pace otherwise I could have also ended up like Pedro. To finish the race was important and I got to it," he said. Asked if the problem did not surface during the qualifying or practice, Karthikeyan said, "It was only on the straight runs."
Asked if his team used the new updates in the car, he said they were not that keen to do it in this race. "There was a reliability issue. We did not want to risk it using in this race."
Pedro de la Rosa, said, "It was a shame that I had to retire because the car was running good on hard tyres. With no warning, brakes failed. But the important things is the car is not damaged for Abu Dhabi. We have to fix it since Abu Dhabi is also very demanding circuit for the brakes."
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage