FIR against Karan Johar, Gauri Khan over 'Radha' song
Mythological figure Radha was referred to as "sexy" in a song in the recently released film 'Student of the Year'.
Indore: A criminal case has been registered against filmmaker Karan Johar, producer Gauri Khan and others for allegedly hurting the religious feelings of people by referring to mythological figure Radha as "sexy" in a song in the recently released film 'Student of the Year'. The local police lodged the case in compliance with a magisterial court's order on a private complaint by an NGO.
'Shrivision Social Empowerment and Welfare Association', an NGO, had in October approached the court with a private complaint, alleging that a song in the film refers to the mythological figure Radha as "sexy".
In October, the magistrate ordered registration of FIR, the organisation's spokesperson said. Superintendent of Police O P Tripathi said that FIR was lodged on Friday night under section 295 (A) (hurting religious sentiments) of Indian Penal Code.
According to the Superintendent of Police, the FIR was lodged against Karan Johar, Gauri Khan, Dharma Productions House, Soni Music, lyricist Anveta Dutta, composers Vishal-Shekhar, singers Shreya Ghosal and Udit Narayan, and the actors, Alia Bhatt, Sidharath Malhotra and Varun Dhawan.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Edges Closer to Chinese Super League
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show