DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
FIR lodged against contractors for non-maintenance of roads
<p>An FIR was lodged on Saturday against contractors of UP Jal Nigam, L~~amp;amp;T and Megha Engineering and Infrastructure for the alleged ignoring of maintenance of developmental projects here.</p>
An FIR was lodged on Saturday against contractors of UP Jal Nigam, L~~amp;amp;T and Megha Engineering and Infrastructure for the alleged ignoring of maintenance of developmental projects here.
BJP MLA Ravindra Jaiswal and others lodged the FIR under sections 406, 419 and 420 of IPC for fraud and laxity in maintenance of developmental project works in the city, Varanasi SP Rahul Raj said.
Jaiswal said the companies were not maintaining the roads which were dug for laying sewage, drainage and water supply pipelines under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) despite receiving money for the purpose.
The Centre had allotted Rs 700 crores for these projects, which included maintenance of the roads for almost two years after the laying of the pipelines, he said.
After filling up the potholes, the contractors of UP Jal Nigam and the said companies considered their job done, Jaiswal alleged and sought action against them.
Recommended For You
- Govt Says No Chance of Indo-Pak Bilateral Series in Current Scenario
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Opinion – Which 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire Variant Should You Buy?
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar