Fire in Kolkata's Burrabazar market
Fire brigade sources said that there was no report of any casualty so far.
Kolkata: A major fire broke out on the second floor of a four-storey building housing a textile godown and some offices in the city's Burrabazar area on Saturday night.
Fire brigade sources said that there was no report of any casualty so far. Fifteen fire tenders were engaged to battle the blaze and the building was evacuated, said fire services minister Javed Khan who visited the site to supervise fire fighting operations.
Sources said that the fire fighting operations proved difficult as the building was located in a congested lane. The cause of fire and the extent of damage was yet to be ascertained.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Ban on Pakistani Artistes No Solution to Terrorism: Karan Johar to MNS
- Karan Johar, Nimrat Kaur Praise Nikkhil Advani's TV Show
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Catches Fire in an Indigo Flight