First Duranto train between Sealdah and New Delhi on Sep 13
Train will use the Rajdhani track and its fare will be at par to that of Rajdhani.
New Delhi: The first non-stop train called Duranto will start its journey from Sealdah railway station Kolkata for New Delhi on September 13.
According to official sources, the train is expected to take around 17 hours to cover this distance and will run at a speed of around 120 Kilometers per hour.
This train will be using the Rajdhani track and its fare will be at par to that of the Rajdhani. The ticket cost includes on board food.
The train is expected to take around half an hour to one hour less time than what is taken by the present Rajdhani trains to cover the same distance.
It will run twice a week. It will be leaving Sealdah on Thursday and Sunday at 1830 hours and will depart from New Delhi at 2000 hours on Monday and Friday.
Similarly, the second Duranto train will leave Chennai on September 14. It will take 29 hours to cover the distance between Chennai and New Delhi.
This will run once a week and fares will be lower than that of Rajdhani trains since food cost is not included in the tickets, the sources added.
Recommended For You
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India