First Duranto train between Sealdah and New Delhi on Sep 13
Train will use the Rajdhani track and its fare will be at par to that of Rajdhani.
New Delhi: The first non-stop train called Duranto will start its journey from Sealdah railway station Kolkata for New Delhi on September 13.
According to official sources, the train is expected to take around 17 hours to cover this distance and will run at a speed of around 120 Kilometers per hour.
This train will be using the Rajdhani track and its fare will be at par to that of the Rajdhani. The ticket cost includes on board food.
The train is expected to take around half an hour to one hour less time than what is taken by the present Rajdhani trains to cover the same distance.
It will run twice a week. It will be leaving Sealdah on Thursday and Sunday at 1830 hours and will depart from New Delhi at 2000 hours on Monday and Friday.
Similarly, the second Duranto train will leave Chennai on September 14. It will take 29 hours to cover the distance between Chennai and New Delhi.
This will run once a week and fares will be lower than that of Rajdhani trains since food cost is not included in the tickets, the sources added.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18