First look: Deepa Mehta's 'Midnight's Children'
Watch the trailer of Deepa Mehta's 'Midnight's Children' adapted from Salman Rushdie's bestselling novel.
New Delhi: Midnight's Children is a Deepa Mehta film adapted from a bestselling novel of the same name written by Salman Rushdie in 1980. The film is set around the partition of India and has a long list of star cast: Shriya Saran, Satya Bhabha, Siddharth Narayan, Anupam Kher, Shabana Azmi, Seema Biswas, Shahana Goswami, Samrat Chakrabarti, Rahul Bose, Soha Ali Khan, Anita Majumdar and Darsheel Safary.
Saleem Sanai, played by Satya Bhabha is born at the exact time of India's independence, August 15, 1947 midnight. As he grows older, he discovers that he has telepathic powers and an extremely strong sense of smell. Not just him, but all births that took place between 12 am to 1 am on August 16, were gifted with special powers.
In the light of the country's newfound independence, and the challenges that came along, Saleem summons all the children born at that specific time to determine each others' powers.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show