Stem cells to repair spinal cord injuries?
For the first time ever, US researchers will use human embryonic stem cells for treatment of spinal cord injuries.
New Delhi: For the first time ever, US researchers will be using human embryonic stem cells for treatment of spinal cord injuries.
The stems cells were tested successfully in rats enabling them to once again walk and run. This is the first phase of clinical trials which will determine the safety of stem cell treatment.
It will enroll up to 10 patients who have suffered spinal cord injuries, injecting them within 14 days of the injury. If the treatment is shown to be safe and well tolerated, researchers will move on to test the treatment's effectiveness.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology