DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Stem cells to repair spinal cord injuries?
For the first time ever, US researchers will use human embryonic stem cells for treatment of spinal cord injuries.
New Delhi: For the first time ever, US researchers will be using human embryonic stem cells for treatment of spinal cord injuries.
The stems cells were tested successfully in rats enabling them to once again walk and run. This is the first phase of clinical trials which will determine the safety of stem cell treatment.
It will enroll up to 10 patients who have suffered spinal cord injuries, injecting them within 14 days of the injury. If the treatment is shown to be safe and well tolerated, researchers will move on to test the treatment's effectiveness.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet