First suicide off Burj Khalifa reported
An Asian man committed suicide by jumping off the 147th floor of the world's tallest skyscraper.
Dubai: An Asian man on Tuesday reportedly committed suicide by jumping off the 147th floor of the Burj Khalifa, world's tallest skyscraper, a media report said.
Police received a report that the man, an Asian in his thirties, jumped off the building from the 147th floor and landed on the 108th floor on the side of the Burj, Gulf News reported.
Investigation revealed that he reportedly committed suicide after a dispute with his company, it said, quoting police sources as saying.
Reports say it is the first known suicide from the iconic tower, which was inaugurated in January last year. The building, at over 828 metres has more than 160 stories.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right