138 Indian fishermen detained by Lanka released
But the 112 fishermen held earlier are still in Lankan custody.
New Delhi: Sri Lanka on Friday released 138 Indian fishermen who were detained off the Jaffna coast yesterday. But the 112 fishermen held earlier are still in Lankan custody.
The fishermen were captured while they ventured into Lankan waters.
Earlier External affairs minister SM Krishna is said to have called his counterpart GL Peiris to express concern at the arrest.
The fisherman were logded in the Jaffna Jail after they were arrested for straying into Lankan waters on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Sri Lankan navy has also taken custody of 25 Indian trawlers.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Top 5 Controversies Over the Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Champions League: Sergio Aguero stars as Man City sink Monaco