DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
138 Indian fishermen detained by Lanka released
But the 112 fishermen held earlier are still in Lankan custody.
New Delhi: Sri Lanka on Friday released 138 Indian fishermen who were detained off the Jaffna coast yesterday. But the 112 fishermen held earlier are still in Lankan custody.
The fishermen were captured while they ventured into Lankan waters.
Earlier External affairs minister SM Krishna is said to have called his counterpart GL Peiris to express concern at the arrest.
The fisherman were logded in the Jaffna Jail after they were arrested for straying into Lankan waters on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Sri Lankan navy has also taken custody of 25 Indian trawlers.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017, Ind vs NZ: The Big Talking Points
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Judy Malware Hits Google Play Store Users, Upto 36.5 Million Devices Infected
- Champions Trophy: Kohli Interacts With Security Personnel in London
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan