DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Fishermen to go on fast in Pamban
RAMESWARAM: Fishermen in Pamban have decided to observe a fast on Thursday to express solidarity with those who are agitating agai..
RAMESWARAM: Fishermen in Pamban have decided to observe a fast on Thursday to express solidarity with those who are agitating against the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Project (KKNPP)in Tirunelveli district.
Announcing the decision in a statement here, Jeyaprakash, coordinator of the Pamban Island Fishermen’s Federation, said on Tuesday that the KKNPP would, apart from affecting the livelihood of fishermen and destroying marine wealth, could wreak havoc among the population. Meanwhile, a meeting of fishermen in Rameswaram presided over by Jesu, president of the fishermen’s association, decided that in support of the KKNPP agitation, the mechanised boats would not set out to sea on Wednesday. He said that a total of 1,300 boats would remain berthed along the shore in Rameswaram and Pamban on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Ashwin Looking to Unleash New Weapon
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances