Five arrested for kidnapping 10-yr-old boy
The boy, who was abandoned at a place not far from home, somehow safely reached his residence.
Mumbai: Five persons were arrested for allegedly kidnapping a 10-year-old boy from an affluent family in Vile Parle east on Friday afternoon and demanding a ransom of Rs one crore from his parents, police said. Vile Parle police said the kidnapping took place at around 2:30 PM outside the victim's residence at M Padma building, Paranjape scheme no 3 in Vile Parle East.
The victim was taken outside the building by the family's house maid Seema Dhadvey (21). From there, two accused pushed the boy into a car and drove away. Another accused tailed them on a bike, while Seema raised a false alarm screaming for help. At first, Seema was not a suspect as she was looking after the boy since he was two-years-old.
Incidentally, three youngsters on bike chased the car, while her family members immediately contacted the police control room. The lead provided by youngsters came handy, additional commissioner Vishwas Nangre-Patil said, adding that a ransom of Rs one crore was demanded. The car was finally spotted on the Jogeshwari-Vikhroli Link Road (JVLR) in Jogeshwari East during nakabandi. The vehicle was stopped and the duo was arrested, but the boy could not be found as the accused had abandoned him sensing trouble.
The boy, who was abandoned at a place not far from home, somehow safely reached his residence. The police interrogated the duo and arrested three others while one is wanted in this case. The accused are identified as Satyajeet alias Robert Balkrishna (33) and Bhagesh Balan (29), Milind alias Laxman Chandrakant Waradkar (35), Rohit Divekar (21) and Seema.
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Search Operations in Baramulla for the Second Time
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Dalit Boy Whose Video Went Viral Says Was Thrashed Because of Good Grades
- Passengers at Patna Railway Station Use Free Wi-Fi to Search Porn Sites