Five killed in Hyderabad fire mishap
A short circuit could be the cause behind the fire, which has now been brought under control.
Hyderabad: At least five persons, including a child, were charred and over a dozen others injured in a fire accident at Manikonda area in the city, police said. The mishap occurred at Puppalguda at around 8:45 pm on Sunday when the blaze, which started from a makeshift shed erected by a local shooting unit, engulfed a nearby residential apartment, Cyberabad Police Commissioner Dwarka Tirumala Rao said.
He, however, said it was not yet clear whether the victims were residents of the building or comprise any members of the crew. The exact cause of the fire is being investigated, Rao said, adding that the blaze spread due to a pile of plastic lying near the shed.
A short circuit could be the cause behind the fire, which has now been brought under control. Andhra Pradesh Home Minister Sabita Indra Reddy has
visited the spot.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards