Five members of a rival Maoist faction killed
A group of around 15 Maoists dragged the male members from the wedding function and shot five PLFI members.
Gumla: Five members of a breakaway faction of Maoists, including the bridegroom, were shot dead allegedly by suspected Maoists at a wedding ceremony at Raidih in Gumla district of Jharkhand, the police said on Sunday.
Five members of People's Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were shot dead by rival Maoists in Loki village late last night, Police Superintendent N K Singh told.
A group of around 15 Maoists dragged the male members from the wedding function and shot five PLFI members, he said.
The victims included the bridegroom, Gurdev Oraon and his 50-year-old father Cheta Oraon. The other victims in the age group of 20 to 25 years were identified as Jairam Oraon, Samar Oraon and Budu Oraon, the police said.
They died on the spot and the incident was a fight for supremacy between the two ultra outfits, Singh said adding that Maoist cadre came in search of PLFI squad leader Mangal Nagesia but killed five of his supporters when they failed to get him.
Two persons sustained injury but managed to escape, sources said.
In a separate incident in Hazaribagh of the state, Maoists set ablaze 30 vehicles of a private company around midnight.
About 200 armed Maoists reached Morandih camp, 8 km from Hazaribagh town, of the private company and set fire to the vehicles including dumpers, porcelain machines and other road cutting machines.
The police said the company was engaged in the widening of National Highway-33.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K