Five Pak Army officers jailed for terror links
Brigadier Ali Khan, Major Sohail Akbar and Major Jawad Baseer will serve five, three and two years of rigorous imprisonment respectively.
Islamabad: Five Pakistani Army officers, including a brigadier, have been jailed for having links with a banned extremist group.
The Field General Court Marshal convicted them for having links with Hizb-ul-Tehrir group, Xinhua reported on Friday. The trial lasted for several months.
Brigadier Ali Khan, Major Sohail Akbar and Major Jawad Baseer will serve five, three and two years of rigorous imprisonment respectively, while Major Inayat Aziz and Major Iftikhar were awarded one and a half year in jail each, the army said in a statement.
The convicts have the right to appeal.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology