Five policemen killed by Maoists in Jharkhand
The incident took place at Chainpur town of Gumla district, some 170 km from Ranchi.
Ranchi: Five policemen were killed on Thursday in a gun battle with Maoist guerrillas in Jharkhand, police said.
The incident took place at Chainpur town of Gumla district, some 170 km from Ranchi, when Maoists attacked a police party while it was patrolling a weekly market. They also looted three rifles of the policemen.
Four police personnel were killed on the spot, while one died in hospital, an official said. Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state.
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate