Five policemen killed by Maoists in Jharkhand
The incident took place at Chainpur town of Gumla district, some 170 km from Ranchi.
Ranchi: Five policemen were killed on Thursday in a gun battle with Maoist guerrillas in Jharkhand, police said.
The incident took place at Chainpur town of Gumla district, some 170 km from Ranchi, when Maoists attacked a police party while it was patrolling a weekly market. They also looted three rifles of the policemen.
Four police personnel were killed on the spot, while one died in hospital, an official said. Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state.
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- BCCI Has Been Unfair to Pakistan, Says Mudassar Nazar
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China