Five policemen killed by Maoists in Jharkhand
The incident took place at Chainpur town of Gumla district, some 170 km from Ranchi.
Ranchi: Five policemen were killed on Thursday in a gun battle with Maoist guerrillas in Jharkhand, police said.
The incident took place at Chainpur town of Gumla district, some 170 km from Ranchi, when Maoists attacked a police party while it was patrolling a weekly market. They also looted three rifles of the policemen.
Four police personnel were killed on the spot, while one died in hospital, an official said. Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right