DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
ICC official in Indian flag row, case filed
Chandigarh police registered a case against an ICC official for disrespecting the national flag.
Mohali: Chandigarh police on Friday registered a case against an International Cricket Council (ICC) official for disrespecting the national flag in Mohali on Wednesday.
The official stomped on balloons shaped as the Indian flag in Mohali before the semi-final match between India and Pakistan on Wednesday.
A team of police officials from Mohali examined the footage which showed the ICC official stomping on the Indian flag shaped balloons outside the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium in Mohali.
The official snatched Indian flag shaped balloons from a street vendor and then stomped over the flags to deflate them.
The official apologised after reporters present near the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium objected to it but she also said that the flags had an ICC logo, which was a copyright infringement.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes