DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Flash floods in Uttarakhand, 10 dead, 53 missing
Chardham Yatra has been suspended and red alert has been issues in areas along river Ganga.
Dehradun: Ten people were killed and 53 are missing in flash floods in Uttarakhand. Cloud burst was also reported in three places - one in Chamoli district and two in Uttarkashi district.
Flash floods and landslides caused by torrential rains have flattened homes and left many pilgrims stranded in the state.
Water level of Bhagirathi and Ganga rivers is also on the rise. The Uttarakhand government has issued red alert in areas along Ganga.
The Garhwal region has been affected the most. Nearly 30 homes have been washed away in the floods after the Gangotri bridge collapsed. Three jawans of fire services were also killed in Gangotri following heavy rains.
Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna was monitoring the situation and has asked the concerned authorities to launch rescue and relief operation in the disaster-hit areas. Indo-Tibetan Broder Police (ITBP) and Army jawans have been called in for rescue operations. The Chardham Yatra has also been suspended in Uttarakhand.
(With additional inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan