Flight makes emergency landing after bomb threat
A Singapore-bound flight from Moscow made an emergency landing at the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Airport on Sunday.
Kolkata: A Singapore-bound flight from Moscow with 262 passengers on board made an emergency landing at the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Airport here on Sunday night following bomb threat in the aircraft.
The Singapore Airlines flight was close to Delhi when Moscow police contacted the pilot and informed him that a bomb could have been planted in the plane, airport officials said.
The pilot sought permission from Delhi airport to land but the ATC there refused permission due to Commonwealth Games which began on Sunday.
The pilot was advised to land in either Kolkata or in Dhaka, they said.
After the city airport gave permission, the plane made an emergency landing at about mid-night. Passengers were being off-loaded now from the plane, which was cordoned off by CISF and police personnel, they added.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show