DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
King, McEnroe play tennis on floating court
Billie Jean King and John McEnroe kicked off the National Tennis Month.
New York: A floating tennis court was inaugurated on Wednesday by two tennis greats, Billie Jean King and John McEnroe on New York's Hudson River.
They kicked off the National Tennis Month by playing on the floating court in Manhattan. Incidentally, May is National Tennis Month in the US and the USTA staged the event to bring attention to the game.
"If by doing this I get a couple of kids to inspire them to get out and play and eventually, hopefully play tournament tennis, maybe even become a champion - that would make it all worthwhile," said John McEnroe.
"May is always a great month because that's really our kick-off moment. We have block parties throughout the country," remarked Billie Jean King.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win