King, McEnroe play tennis on floating court
Billie Jean King and John McEnroe kicked off the National Tennis Month.
New York: A floating tennis court was inaugurated on Wednesday by two tennis greats, Billie Jean King and John McEnroe on New York's Hudson River.
They kicked off the National Tennis Month by playing on the floating court in Manhattan. Incidentally, May is National Tennis Month in the US and the USTA staged the event to bring attention to the game.
"If by doing this I get a couple of kids to inspire them to get out and play and eventually, hopefully play tournament tennis, maybe even become a champion - that would make it all worthwhile," said John McEnroe.
"May is always a great month because that's really our kick-off moment. We have block parties throughout the country," remarked Billie Jean King.
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18