Varanasi: Locals abandon houses due to rising water level in Ganga
Incessant rains have led to floods across the eastern districts of Uttar Pradesh.
New Delhi: The rising water levels in the Ganga have caused several locals abandon their houses on the banks of the river in Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. Meanwhile, incessant rains have led to floods across the eastern districts of the state.
Over 500 villages have been affected due to the heavy rains. On Wednesday, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had said that the government would take all possible precautionary measures.
Teams of the provincial armed constabulary, NDRF and state police have been deployed to evacuate people.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- TOUGH TESTJunior Hockey World Cup: India Look to Carry Momentum Against England
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For