Food poisoning at IIM Indore, 50 students fall sick
Most of the students were rushed to the IIM nursing home and serious ones were taken to private hospitals.
Indore: Over 50 students of Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore fell sick due to suspected food poisoning, its spokesman said on Monday. The students had complained of nausea, stomach upset and headache after having dinner at their hostel mess on Saturday, Akhtar Parvez, IIM PRO, said.
Most of them were rushed to the IIM nursing home and serious ones were taken to private hospitals, he said.
Eleven of the ailing students are still being treated at two private hospitals, Choithram and Unique, where their condition is said to be out of danger.
A high-level team from IIM, including medical experts, is probing the incident of suspected food poisoning.
A Mumbai-based company has been running the hotel mess, he said, adding the reason for suspected food poisoning was yet be ascertained.
When contacted, district Chief Medical and Health Officer (CMHO) Sharad Pandit said that no one from the IIM administration reported the matter to the State Government and they came to know about it from Monday's newspapers.
Two Food Safety Officers have been directed to visit the IIM mess and take stock of the situation, Pandit added.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- CAPTAIN MARVELVirat Kohli: The Milestone Man
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story