For happy marriage, save sex for honeymoon!
Couples who delay the joy of the wedding night enjoy a happier marriage.
London: Want to know the secret of a happy marriage? Save the sex for the honeymoon, says a new study.
Researchers have found that couples who marry the old-fashioned way -- delaying the joy of the wedding night -- enjoy happier marriage; in fact, it not only results in better relationships but also improves sex itself.
"Most research on the topic is focused on individuals' experiences of sex and not the timing within a relationship.
There's more to a relationship than sex but we did find that those who waited longer were happier with the sexual aspect of their relationship.
"I think it's because they've learned to talk and have the skills to work with issues that come up," the study leader Prof Dean Busby of the Brigham Young University was quoted by the 'Daily Express' as saying.
For their study, the researchers asked 2,035 married couples how soon they first had sex after they first met.
Those who waited until the honeymoon were 22 per cent more likely to say their relationship was stable, and 20 per cent more likely to say it was satisfying, the findings have revealed.
They also rated the quality of their sex lives 15 per cent above those who had sex before marriage, and were 12 per cent more likely to say they communicated well with their partner.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology