Force India, Mercedes-Benz sign long-term agreement
The agreement will see Mercedes-Benz supply Force India with a complete Power Unit, transmission and all associated ancillary systems.
New Delhi: Sahara Force India and Mercedes-Benz on Thursday signed a long-term agreement for the Silverstone-based team to use a full Mercedes-Benz powertrain from the 2014 season onwards.
The agreement will see Mercedes-Benz supply Force India with a complete Power Unit (internal combustion engine plus energy recovery system), transmission and all associated ancillary systems under the new regulations for 2014.
Mercedes-Benz entered the era of customer engine supply in 2009 with the Silverstone-based team and this close working relationship is now in its fifth season.
These historic links and the growing competitiveness of Force India helped pave the way for an expansion of the existing partnership to also include the supply of the gearbox and hydraulic systems.
"Our new agreement with Mercedes-Benz for the coming years is the most significant in the history of Sahara Force India," Dr Vijay Mallya, Team Principal and Managing Director of Sahara Force India, said.
"With new powertrain regulations being introduced next year, I can't think of a better partner to work with as Formula One enters a new and exciting era. The agreement gives us the long-term stability we require and will enable us to continue our journey towards the front of the Formula One grid," he added.
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Watch the five claims of Sharif at the 71st session of UNGA
- UK Police to Probe Pakistan-Born Actor's Anti-India Rant
- Hillary Vs Trump: US Dollar Declines Before Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate Live: I Will Release Tax Returns if Hillary Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- US Presidential Candidates Neck and Neck as They Go Toe-To-Toe
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump Set For High-Stakes Showdown