DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Foreign funnymen sweep British comedy awards
Performers from the US, Norway and New Zealand swept Britain's top comedy awards at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
Edinburgh: Performers from the United States, Norway and New Zealand swept Britain's top comedy awards at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, the first time all three prizes have gone to non-British comedians.
American Phil Burgers from Los Angeles took the top prize, the Foster's Best Comedy Show award, while the Best Newcomer award went to Norway's Daniel Simonsen. New Zealander Sam Wills took the Foster's Panel Prize for performances over the past three weeks at the world's largest annual festival of the arts.
A total of 536 comedy shows were eligible for the prizes, and the judging panel and awards team attended more than 1,400 performances over the past three weeks. The Best Comedy award was worth 10,000 pounds, and the Best Newcomer and Panel prizes 5,000 pounds each.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017