Foreigners asked to move out of Maoist-hit areas
BALANGIR: Five foreigners on a visit to Gayatri English Medium School run by Biswaneedam, at Turla village under Khaprakhol block ..
BALANGIR: Five foreigners on a visit to Gayatri English Medium School run by Biswaneedam, at Turla village under Khaprakhol block have been asked to leave the district by the district
After learning about the presence of this group from Germany in the school, for over a fortnight now, Balangir police on Saturday summoned the five foreigners to check their documents.
After verifying their visas and passports, all valid, Balangir SP R Prakash has told them to leave the Maoist-infested Khaprakhol block. Identified as Mike, Trina, Sabino, Kristian and Amke, they have been staying on the campus without informing the district administration. This violates the new guidelines set by the State Government after the recent hostage crisis involving the Italian nationals.
The couple in the group, Mike and Amke are involved in promoting integral education system of Sri Aurobindo besides providing training to teachers in rural areas and teaching German. They were also slated to attend the annual function of the School, scheduled for Sunday, though they are not sure of it as of now. Head of Biswaneedam, Ananta Putel claimed the group arrived on April 29 and this was not for the first time that foreign nationals were visiting his campus.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines