Forest guard injured by wild elephant
A forest guard was injured when a wild elephant attacked him near Kalinga studio on the outskirts of Bhubaneshwar.
New Delhi: A forest guard was injured when a wild elephant attacked him near Kalinga studio on the outskirts of Bhubaneshwar on Friday official sources said.
Identified as Jayakrushna Panda, the forest guard was dissuading a large group of people including media persons who gathered to have a look at the herd of elephants, camping near the studio since last night, when the incident occurred.
The herd comprising a tusker, two females and a calf, were disturbed as some people pelted stones at them.
One of the elephants then charged at Panda and as he was trying to escape, he tripped. The elephant then threw him down.
Panda was now being treated at the Capital hospital in Bhubaneshwar.
The elephants were still roaming near the studio, a place they often visit mostly during the winter.
They had not caused any damage to any property, the sources said.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1