Forest guard injured by wild elephant
A forest guard was injured when a wild elephant attacked him near Kalinga studio on the outskirts of Bhubaneshwar.
New Delhi: A forest guard was injured when a wild elephant attacked him near Kalinga studio on the outskirts of Bhubaneshwar on Friday official sources said.
Identified as Jayakrushna Panda, the forest guard was dissuading a large group of people including media persons who gathered to have a look at the herd of elephants, camping near the studio since last night, when the incident occurred.
The herd comprising a tusker, two females and a calf, were disturbed as some people pelted stones at them.
One of the elephants then charged at Panda and as he was trying to escape, he tripped. The elephant then threw him down.
Panda was now being treated at the Capital hospital in Bhubaneshwar.
The elephants were still roaming near the studio, a place they often visit mostly during the winter.
They had not caused any damage to any property, the sources said.
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Diwali: Festival of Lights
- UP Police to Celebrate Diwali at Old Age Homes, Orphanages