Forget dolls and footballs, kids prefer tablets
About 70 per cent of children in households with tablet computers used these devices.
New York: About 70 per cent of children in households with tablet computers used these devices, according to fourth-quarter results from research firm Nielsen.
This was a 7 per cent increase from the third quarter, according to Nielsen.
About 77 per cent of those children use tablets such as the Apple Inc iPad and the Amazon.com Inc Kindle Fire to play games, while 57 per cent use them for educational purposes.
About 55 per cent use the tablet for entertainment while they are travelling and 43 per cent use them to watch television shows or movies, according to Nielsen.
- Samajwadi Party Meeting Turns Into Family Drama After Akhilesh and Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: A Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by Akhilesh
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast