Forget dolls and footballs, kids prefer tablets
About 70 per cent of children in households with tablet computers used these devices.
New York: About 70 per cent of children in households with tablet computers used these devices, according to fourth-quarter results from research firm Nielsen.
This was a 7 per cent increase from the third quarter, according to Nielsen.
About 77 per cent of those children use tablets such as the Apple Inc iPad and the Amazon.com Inc Kindle Fire to play games, while 57 per cent use them for educational purposes.
About 55 per cent use the tablet for entertainment while they are travelling and 43 per cent use them to watch television shows or movies, according to Nielsen.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Parched Trailer Gives Closer Look at Rajasthani Rural Womanhood
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Ranbir Kapoor Dodges Question on MNS Ultimatum to Pakistani Artists